Monday, November 6, 2017

Project of the Week

Hey -- Wendy, owner of Repeat Impressions let me do the Project of the Week for this week and I'm crazy about it.  I'll be doing some experimenting with it and here are my first attempts.

Ok - I love, love the new stitching dies - but Holy Toledo! they are expensive.  I want a leaf stitching die and just the dies alone were $24.00.  So I came up with this idea.

Here are the supplies you will need

Tracing wheel (the kind you use for pattern marking)
Favorite image (stamped already)
A little black ink
An old mouse pad
 Get Well stamp, and Silhouette Maple Leaf.

First gently ink up the wheel (just like you would do a brayer) - I used a little ink dew drop - because I didn't know if it would cut the ink pad.
Here I used a ruler on top of the mouse pad to make sure I did it straight

Here I did it slowly using curves.

Heart image

Here I did it using the leaves - this was my goal!
Here are the leaves and small rectangle finished.


 Here is the card I did using the technique.

This also used the word Happy from a Happy Everything sentiment and some alphabet letters.  I attached a Starbucks card.

Thanks for looking at my project - hope you give it a try.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin